Inline Robotic Inspection Solution
Flexibility & Productivity serving metrology within the production line.
The Metrolog X4 i-Robot technology is suitable for all industrial robots; it provides a production metrology solution accurate, reliable and flexible. Metrolog X4 i-Robot is perfectly suited for applications requiring flexibility and productivity while providing high metrological accuracy.
- Measuring accuracy fully independent of robot’s positioning precision.
- Robot movements perfectly synchronized with measurement.
- Robot trajectory entirely controlled by Metrolog X4 part program.
The Metrolog X4 i-Robot measuring system is based on a high speed acquisition laser scanner attached to a multi-axes robot wrist. The robot, of any type or brand, without specific accuracy, behaves as a simple tool holder. The measuring accuracy is provided, either by a separate tracking camera following the laser sensor box equipped with positioning LEDs, or by a laser tracker system.
The main applications can be found in the automotive, aerospace and their sub-contractors for the manufacturing lines metrology control.
X4 i-ROBOT, A CONSISTENT CELL THAT WORKS IN COOPERATION
- Scans almost all shapes of parts due to enhanced sensor performance.
A laser tracker or photogrammetric system for accurate 3D positioning of optical scanner within the measuring area.
Metrolog X4 software for comparative analysis of dimensional characteristics of the part compared to its CAD definition, flush and gap, sections and surfaces.
Full control of robot directly from Metrolog X4 part programs.
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Independent metrology chain: the measuring accuracy is independent of robot’s precision.
- Perfect synchronization between measurements and robot movements.
Simplified programming of the robot trajectory directly from the CAD:
- Time savings due to offline programming:
- Complete flexibility when part is modified; simply update the trajectory inside Metrolog X4.
Independent of robot accuracy: tolerant to robot drift, warm-up and backlash.
No need for cyclic robot calibration.
- Process integration by using industrial robots:
- Fast and lean manipulator for laser scanner.
Flexible adaptation for different parts and models.
- Interfaces to all robots brand or type, size and accuracy level.
Easy robot replacement in case of maintenance. It is not involved in the measurement chain; it may be replaced without wasting time, programming or calibration.
- Robust and flexible integration.
Play the video:
Metrolog X4 i-Robot demonstration on Metrologic Group booth at CONTROL'14 Exhibition in Germany:
Our 3D inspection software
range provide you the best way for quality measuring